Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Masters in Accounting? But a low GPA?

positiveme319positiveme319 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
My undergrad GPA was 2.37... Yes, i know its very low. I was absolutely miserable in my 3 years of undegrad due to the fact that I hated my life at school and wanted to get out of there as fast as possible. My parents pushed me towards the major that I went into, (which by the way was culinary arts. CULINARY ARTS.) I wanted to get into business, but my parents would not allow it. So that was 6 years ago. I graduated in 2009 with a bachelors in food service management, which I don't want anything to do with at this point. The school I also went to by the way, was tier 3....

I want to go back to school for accounting. But I don't know where to go. My GPA is low for getting my masters, so that might be a bad option. Also, I heard that the big 4 are hesitant in hiring those with low undergrad gpa even if they have a high masters gpa.

Thats when I was thinking I should go back for my second bachelors as well.

My two choices are either CUNY baruch MS or MBA program which will allow me to sit for a CPA exam, OR Rutgers University (for a second bachelors.)

I am a resident of NJ so Rutgers MAY be a cheaper option for me.

This is my last chance, and when I asked CUNY baruch about my chances of getting in, they only told me to try my best on my GMATs. but honestly, will that REALLY truly help?
:( What should I do?
This discussion has been closed.