Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Pacific Lutheran MSF

eddspjeddspj Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
I am a senior at Pacific Lutheran University with a 3.69 GPA in Mathematical Economics (minor in Mathematics). I am hoping to go into finance and am looking at MSF programs. I was wondering if anyone could shed light on one question; does it really matter where you go? The reason why I ask is because I don't know if I can afford to go to a school far from here, even if my GPA and test scores fit the bill. I am currently applying to Tulane (again, don't know if I can afford to head down to New Orleans) and a brand new MSF program here at PLU. It would be great if I could stay here and do the program at PLU. I know many of the professors, they align their curriculum with the CFA content, etc. However, I think that academically I get get into a much stronger program. I am wondering if I should take a year off and try my best to find a job, or do the program here at PLU. I may add that PLU has some very solid connections in the area as far as recruitment goes. Thanks all.
This discussion has been closed.