Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Bachelors in Finance then pursue MBA?

kashlee07kashlee07 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Hi everyone!

I'm currently an undergraduate student at the University Of Hawaii pursing a Bachelors degree in Finance and a certificate in Risk Management & Insurance.

My question is, would it be good to pursue my MBA after completing my Bachelors in Finance? And what qualifications and requirements would I need to be admitted into an MBA program?

Another question I also had was should I major in Finance and Accounting? Or Finance alone will be ok? I was never really a fan of accounting, but it seems like everyone is doing both finance and accounting nowadays, and is there job growth for a finance major alone?

Thank you for taking the time and consideration into viewing and reading into my post!

Kash

Replies to: Bachelors in Finance then pursue MBA?

• UCBUSCalumUCBUSCalum Registered User Posts: 532 Member
    First, if you are thinking a top 25 to 30 MBA program, you need at least 2 to 3 years full work experience with a reputable/recognizable firm. Your GMAT score needs to be around 700+, the higher the better for higher ranked schools. Secondly, it does not matter what your undergraduated degree is in. You can have a degree in political science, sociology, STEM, business (finance, accounting or both, marketing, etc.), etc., but you should have at least a good gpa, say 3.4+, the higher the better for higher ranked schools. This is general, but good luck and hope that helps.
  • CUMBACUMBA Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi there, a lot part of getting an MBA degree is about well rounding yourself in the many business aspects and then choosing your field of expertise. There are a few blog posts on our school site coloradombablog.com that will show you what it's like to get a finance degree and some of the companies our student have ventured to.