right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
COMING SOON "Ask The Expert" live event w/ the CC Dean, Sally Rubenstone, on Feb. 22 at 12:00 pm ET. This event is exclusively for registered members. CREATE YOUR CC ACCOUNT NOW to receive event updates!

Dual Degree

tt6238tt6238 129 replies37 threads Junior Member
Hi guys!

I am really interested in doing both my PhD in engineering and getting my MBA simultaneously. I know there are a lot of dual MS/MBA programs, but not so much for PhD/MBA programs. I have a question about funding though. Will my engineering funding/tuition remission cover my MBA courses? I'm not sure how else to pay for an MBA without having a company do it for me.

Thanks for any info!
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Dual Degree

• collegemom3717collegemom3717 7200 replies69 threads Senior Member
    Georgia Tech has one. First you get admitted to the PhD program then apply for the Dual Degree. I think you do all (or most) of your PhD coursework first year, then core MBA courses start the next. I *think* it takes 5-6 years, but amn't certain about that. I do know that there is an extra cost that the PhD stipend doesn't cover.

In general, engineering stipends seem to run $25-35K (including summer work)- not enough to cover an MBA tuition as well.

Imo, that way lies madness: you would want to be a really high energy, driven person to do the two together, but that wasn't your question :D
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity