right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
College Confidential stands united with African American students and their families against racial injustice and in pursuit of higher education and equality in America.
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: Zai Dawodu overcame a low GPA to get into top schools like Northwestern or NYU. She'll be attending Northwestern to study Computer Science. ASK HER ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our June Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

I need opinions. (Graduate School)

Medo961Medo961 8 replies2 threads New Member
edited October 2018 in Business School - MBA
I'll be graduating from UIUC with a B.S. in Civil & Environmental Engineering May, 2019. I currently have 2.8 GPA and working to try to boost it as close as i can to a 3.0 GPA. I don't stand a chance to do my master's in CEE but i was thinking of applying to the MBA program that we have. They only provided the mean which is 3.29 i was wondering if its possible to get in something like that with a low GPA?

Thanks
edited October 2018
2 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: I need opinions. (Graduate School)

• yikesyikesyikesyikesyikesyikes Forum Champion U. Michigan 1901 replies136 threads Forum Champion
    MBAs are usually more valuable after some work experience.
    · Reply · Share
  • happymomof1happymomof1 30584 replies194 threads Senior Member
    Do what you can to pull up your GPA. Use the career center at UIUC to help find a job. Work for a couple of years. That work experience will help you determine whether or not you do need to go to grad school, and if so in which field. After a few years of work, your GPA won't necessarily matter as much as it does now.
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.

Recent Activity