Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

I need opinions. (Graduate School)

Medo961Medo961 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
edited October 2018 in Business School - MBA
I'll be graduating from UIUC with a B.S. in Civil & Environmental Engineering May, 2019. I currently have 2.8 GPA and working to try to boost it as close as i can to a 3.0 GPA. I don't stand a chance to do my master's in CEE but i was thinking of applying to the MBA program that we have. They only provided the mean which is 3.29 i was wondering if its possible to get in something like that with a low GPA?

Thanks

Replies to: I need opinions. (Graduate School)

• yikesyikesyikesyikesyikesyikes Forum Champion U. Michigan Posts: 1,958 Forum Champion
    MBAs are usually more valuable after some work experience.
  • happymomof1happymomof1 Registered User Posts: 29,442 Senior Member
    Do what you can to pull up your GPA. Use the career center at UIUC to help find a job. Work for a couple of years. That work experience will help you determine whether or not you do need to go to grad school, and if so in which field. After a few years of work, your GPA won't necessarily matter as much as it does now.