Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Armed Forces Officer looking for guidance.

HulldownHulldown Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
Hello,
I have been serving as an officer for the past five years and looking to change careers as soon as my service is up next year. I haven't appeared for the GMAT yet but my practice scores have been lingering around 710.

My college career is something that really worries me. I went to one of the top 10 liberal arts college in the US as an international student. However, I got sidetracked and didn't really do well. I was immature and didn't think things through. I majored in Physics with a GPA of 2.3. I was also part of a program that the college started and was one of the first 20 students that were invited to it. Post college, my brother passed away so I moved back to India to be with my parents and got commissioned into the Army. I am a second generation so this allowed me to be there for my parents but also serve a few years like I always wanted to.

My brothers accident turned my life around and I reevaluated my life. I have since done fairly well in the forces. I have done well on all the Army courses and also currently an instructor at one of the technical institutions.

As far as schools that I wish to apply to - I am looking to apply to schools in Europe. My plan is to find a job post MBA in Europe as well. I am currently considering RSM, HEC, Essec and IE.

Just looking to get some perspective here on my chances and probable course of action.