Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

BU or BC for an MBA?

OwnConsequenceOwnConsequence Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
For someone in the field of finance, which program should they choose? BU-Questrom or BC-Carroll?

Replies to: BU or BC for an MBA?

• airway1airway1 Registered User Posts: 606 Member
    I’d say both are the same.. did you get into both?
  • OwnConsequenceOwnConsequence Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    @airway1 Yes I got into both- with almost the same amount of $$ from both.
  • PublisherPublisher Registered User Posts: 7,322 Senior Member
    If you have an idea of your preferred industry, then contact each school's placement or career development office to see what employers in that industry interview on campus.
  • OwnConsequenceOwnConsequence Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    @Publisher I tried, but couldn't get specifics and exact details. I was told that the complete list of companies is found on the website so I took a look but still can't make a decision.
  • airway1airway1 Registered User Posts: 606 Member
    As a Terrier I’d say BU but to be fair both are considered Boston.. both on the B line.. both will get the same recruiters.. BU will feel more business like as it’s in the city..
    If your looking for international BU has an edge there it’s more recognized and you’ll meet more alumni overseas (one of them)
  • bluebayoubluebayou Registered User Posts: 26,554 Senior Member
    edited March 16
    they are comparable, but a slight edge to BC. tbf, neither is a major feeder to say, Goldman Sachs. That being said, BU is larger so BC does a little better with top IBanks on a per capita basis.