Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Future career aspects of doing MBA from UAE.

nickname10nickname10 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited March 29 in Business School - MBA
After going through following blog https://www.uowdubai.ac.ae/blog/how-postgraduate-degree-will-boost-your-career I wish to take a MBA course from UAE. What are the career scopes ?

Replies to: Future career aspects of doing MBA from UAE.

• cbreezecbreeze Registered User Posts: 4,755 Senior Member
    None in the US.
  • nickname10nickname10 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi folks, recently gone through following blog posts, https://www.uowdubai.ac.ae/blog/uae-emerging-hub-international-students and felt of continuing my post graduation there in UAE. How wise will be my decision? Does Dubai boom in serving career opportunities?
  • tdy123tdy123 Registered User Posts: 680 Member
    There’s no justice in the UAE – I learned that in a Dubai prison by David Haigh
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/nov/23/justice-uae-dubai-british-academic-matthew-hedges
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 Registered User Posts: 41,290 Senior Member
    edited April 26
    You have to remember it is NOT a democracy. Social justice causes, civil rights advocacy, discussing political reform could all land you in jail.
    A young woman forgot that there's no gender equality; she was the victim of a sexual assault and went to report her assault to the police. Instead of taking her complaint and lookibg for her attacker, she was detained for lewd morals and having sex without being married -- it was a diplomatic problem to get her out.
    So, yes there are jobs, and it is the most liberal of the gulf states especially toward foreigners - as long as you have a Western passport and no opinion on most Democratic values (such as freedom of speech, freedom of religion, gender equality..) you'd be okay. But don't think that it's a democracy and don't take your rights for granted.
  • airway1airway1 Registered User Posts: 606 Member
    edited April 26
    You have LBSand Duke in Dubai global MBA and INSEAD in Abu Dhabi .. and I feel safe these days in the US.. do we not know there is ICE here? Lol

Until you’ve been there kindly dont give unhelpful advice ..

• tdy123tdy123 Registered User Posts: 680 Member
    Been there. Nice place to visit, wouldn't dream of going to school there.

Say something mildly un-PC at a Western school, and about the worst you'll get is shaming on facebook and twitter. Try standing up in a school in the UAE and announce that the moral choice for those who oppose Sharia restrictions on women is to convert to another religion, and I'd guarantee that the reaction would be a bit stronger than a tongue lashing on twitter. Though, it certainly might still involve lashing of a different kind...