right arrow
Examples: Monday, today, last week, Mar 26, 3/26/04
Concerned about how to pay for college amid COVID-19 economic changes? Join us for a webinar on Thu, Apr. 9 at 5pm ET. REGISTER NOW and let us know what questions you have and want answered.
Check out our newest addition to the Student Lounge. Go to the "STUDENT HERE: Ask Me Anything!" and connect with fellow students who can answer your school specific questions!
Most of the decisions are in by now. Connect with fellow students and share support for those who didn't get the best news.

Future career aspects of doing MBA from UAE.

nickname10nickname10 0 replies1 threads New Member
edited March 2019 in Business School - MBA
After going through following blog https://www.uowdubai.ac.ae/blog/how-postgraduate-degree-will-boost-your-career I wish to take a MBA course from UAE. What are the career scopes ?
edited March 2019
6 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Future career aspects of doing MBA from UAE.

• cbreezecbreeze 4720 replies92 threads Senior Member
    None in the US.
    · Reply · Share
  • nickname10nickname10 0 replies1 threads New Member
    Hi folks, recently gone through following blog posts, https://www.uowdubai.ac.ae/blog/uae-emerging-hub-international-students and felt of continuing my post graduation there in UAE. How wise will be my decision? Does Dubai boom in serving career opportunities?
    · Reply · Share
  • tdy123tdy123 1040 replies18 threads Senior Member
    There’s no justice in the UAE – I learned that in a Dubai prison by David Haigh
    https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/nov/23/justice-uae-dubai-british-academic-matthew-hedges
    · Reply · Share
  • MYOS1634MYOS1634 42543 replies460 threads Senior Member
    edited April 2019
    You have to remember it is NOT a democracy. Social justice causes, civil rights advocacy, discussing political reform could all land you in jail.
    A young woman forgot that there's no gender equality; she was the victim of a sexual assault and went to report her assault to the police. Instead of taking her complaint and lookibg for her attacker, she was detained for lewd morals and having sex without being married -- it was a diplomatic problem to get her out.
    So, yes there are jobs, and it is the most liberal of the gulf states especially toward foreigners - as long as you have a Western passport and no opinion on most Democratic values (such as freedom of speech, freedom of religion, gender equality..) you'd be okay. But don't think that it's a democracy and don't take your rights for granted.
    edited April 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • airway1airway1 786 replies7 threads Member
    edited April 2019
    You have LBSand Duke in Dubai global MBA and INSEAD in Abu Dhabi .. and I feel safe these days in the US.. do we not know there is ICE here? Lol

Until you’ve been there kindly dont give unhelpful advice ..

edited April 2019
    · Reply · Share
  • tdy123tdy123 1040 replies18 threads Senior Member
    Been there. Nice place to visit, wouldn't dream of going to school there.

Say something mildly un-PC at a Western school, and about the worst you'll get is shaming on facebook and twitter. Try standing up in a school in the UAE and announce that the moral choice for those who oppose Sharia restrictions on women is to convert to another religion, and I'd guarantee that the reaction would be a bit stronger than a tongue lashing on twitter. Though, it certainly might still involve lashing of a different kind...
    · Reply · Share
This discussion has been closed.