right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

GIES/BU online MBA vs U Penn LPS

Pices1990Pices1990 0 replies1 threads New Member
Hello ,

I am am currently on a J-2 visa which allows me to study and work for 3-4 more years. I will be finishing bachelors in August/September. I intend to remain in US for work and will be living in DC area for the next 3 years. I am interested in the GIES/BU online MBA for the price (22K ) given both are solid schools with an amazing price and I wouldnt have to relocate anywhere. Then I came across the UPenn LPS Masters in Science in Organizational Dynamics . Its a non traditional masters degree but still an ivy league degree . Just the fact that it would be UPenn And I would be able to commute from DC to philly to take classes.

I am hoping for a 6 figure Salary (on 50K now ) in the next 2 years in a consulting/finance/management firm. Which would be the better option ? The GIES or BU online MBA which has an average post salary MBA salary of $100K or as an adult learner at UPenn studying MS in Organizational dynamics which may help in my job prospects just because its ivy league ?
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: GIES/BU online MBA vs U Penn LPS

• PurpleTitanPurpleTitan 13628 replies32 threads Senior Member
    Well, note that most of the MBA degree holders from Gies/BU would be adults established in their careers so probably already making 6 figures when they began. Same with the LPS degree participants.

None of these would give the career boost that a M7 MBA (or even T15 MBA) would but they are much cheaper. So they may be worthwhile. Obviously UPenn is an Ivy and better known/regarded abroad. Do note that you may only get one MBA.
    · Reply · Share