Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

BBA vs Math/Econ Major

zkevinzkevin Registered User Posts: 960 Member
edited May 2007 in Business School - MBA
So, let's pretend I'm interested in eventually obtaining a MBA (possibly law though). For my undergrad studies, should I work on obtaining MBA or major in math/econ (or perhaps dual-major)? Basically, will a BBA be more helpful in obtaining good internships/work experience that I'll probably need in order to eventually get into a good MBA program, or should I choose a major in math/econ?
Post edited by zkevin on

Replies to: BBA vs Math/Econ Major

• zkevinzkevin Registered User Posts: 960 Member
    44 views and nothing? :(
  • ldf4cldf4c Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    If it were me and I had no die hard interest in finance or anything that makes up the Business Administration program, I'd pick the Math/Econ route. I'd think that the Math/Econ route would open up more doors as far as internships and jobs are concerned.

If you were going to a target school and investment banking was of interest to you, I'd pick a major that you enjoy in order to earn a high GPA.
  • dcfcadcfca Registered User Posts: 1,552 Senior Member
    go to which ever major provides better recruiting on campus. chances are recruiters will have a preference. if they don't, then do what ever you like more.
  • gellinogellino Registered User Posts: 3,017 Senior Member
    I know in reviewing resumes I would consider a math/econ major much more impressive than a BBA.
This discussion has been closed.