Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Cal Poly Pomona SIR

Queenbee689Queenbee689 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
edited May 2012 in Cal Poly Pomona
So I already paid the $100 deposit/ECD to cal poly pomona. The thing is I was totally unaware of the sir form I had to fill out and just found out about it. The deadline for it was may 1st and its may 6th now. Im really nervous because when I looked online at the cal poly website they said I could be put on the waiting list because of that. Would they really take it that far even though I already paid for $100 before the may 1st deadline? Its only a piece of paper and its not like a contract or anything but I'm nervous because I've been set on going there for the pass 3 months and something so dumb could jepodiaze my chances:( someone people help me out. I really wish I could call and ask but they arent open till tomorrow :((((
Post edited by Queenbee689 on

Replies to: Cal Poly Pomona SIR

• TribalTribal Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    What is the SIR form? I never got anything like that. When I received the acceptance letter; all they said is that I have to pay ECD by May 1st and submit other documents by July 15th. Did you register for orientation? If yes, you are good now.
  • computemomcomputemom Registered User Posts: 34 Junior Member
    Don't worry. When you pay your $100 it counts as your SIR.
    "Your $100 Statement of Intent to Register (SIR)/Enrollment Confirmation Deposit (ECD) is non-refundable" according to the admission letter my son received.
    They are the same thing.Check your to do list the ECD should be off your list.
  • Queenbee689Queenbee689 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
    the SIR form was in the email they send out to remind you to pay for the ecd. Its at the bottom of the email. I already registered for orientation I actually did today.
    Yeah the ecd is off my to do list, I was just confused because I got the email about the sir a while back and I never noticed the form at the bottom. When you go on the admissions & outreach website it says the sir form and the ecd payment are both due. Thats why Im a little nervous.
    That form is only if you mail in your check for 100 not pay online.
    If they let you sign up for orientation you are fine.
    Okay, thank you very much for the help! :D
    No problem. I know how important making sure everything is taken care of. :)
    Okay everything worked out fine, I only needed to send the sir in if I wanted to mail my check or something.
This discussion has been closed.