Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

TOEFL requirement for resident?

TribalTribal Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
So, I sent in my residence questionnaire along with my transcript. Both were taken off my to-do-list; but the TOEFL computer based still remained. I tried to call the admission office to figure out if this is necessary for me to take the TOEFL. I spoke with the the lady there and she told me that I need at least 3 years at the secondary education in order to waive the test. I told her that I've only been at community college for two years, and only attend 4 full-time semester. She then said that in that case, I have to take the TOEFL.
I call the office later today. And this time another lady told me that as long as I have finished the "golden four" and have 60 units for upper division, I'd be fine. The TOEFL will be waived from my to-do-list after they reviewed my transcript.

Now I'm really confused. I thought TOEFL was required only for international students. Do I need to take TOEFL if I'm a permanent resident and already finished the golden four?
This discussion has been closed.