Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Repeating a course

bl4ke360bl4ke360 Registered User Posts: 712 Member
I have some questions regarding course repeating.

1. What is the policy on repeating a course (in my case, ECE 109) with a higher grade than a C-? I've only seen policies that involve grade forgiveness, but haven't seen anything about the ability to retake courses above a C- when not using grade forgiveness.

2. Is it possible to get my professor to lower my grade to a C- from a C so that I can retake the course? I believe i do have sufficient reasons for this. First of all, I calculated that my overall grade in the class is actually a 52%, which means my professor curved my grade over 20%. Second of all, I don't feel that I am prepared to take the following course since it builds on the material taught in this course, which I essentially failed. Thirdly, I have to wait until spring quarter to take the next class in the sequence, which means I'll forget most of the little knowledge I have on the subject by that time. Given these reasons would this be a reasonable approach for me to take? Or should I just live with a C in the class and hope I'm prepared for the next class in spring quarter?
This discussion has been closed.