Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Provisional acceptance but need to drop one class

Jazzy92Jazzy92 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Hi everyone!

I received acceptance from cal poly for one of their impacted programs but I'm currently panicking right now because of my situation. I will obtain my AA degree in May, have reached the 60 unit requirement, completed my golden 4 last semester, have a 3.74GPA, and am working on my additional required chem and bio classes for transfer.
My problem is that I am also taking trig in addition to my 2 science classes and I find that I may have to drop my math class because that professor is ridiculous(that's besides the point though). Now, I know this class wasn't mandatory for me to take in order to transfer, I was just trying to get ahead, but am VERY VERY concerned that if I do drop it will affect my acceptance once I turn in my spring transcript because I was accepted into an impacted program.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar situation happen and if I could get some advice.
Please and a million thank you's!

Replies to: Provisional acceptance but need to drop one class

• BasedMattBasedMatt Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
    I'm nowhere near your situation, but I'd call and talk to the admissions office about it.
  • Jazzy92Jazzy92 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    I spoke to admissions and they said I should be okay as long as I reach the 60 units, golden 4 and additional courses for impacted majors but that they can't say for sure whether or not it will affect me. I also spoke to my campus counselor and said generally the same thing that I should be okay because trig isn't a required transfer course for me.
    I'm hoping they're right. Wish me luck!
This discussion has been closed.