Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Enrollment Confirmation Deposit

sddanrsddanr Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
My son has been offered admission at CPP and it is currently his top choice. However, he is still waiting to hear from other schools and may not make a final decision until late March. Other than the risk of wasting $100, is there any reason not to pay the Enrollment Confirmation Deposit now? It would allow him to register for housing - which I understand you need to do early to get your first choice - as well as the orientation program.

Replies to: Enrollment Confirmation Deposit

  • PavingapathPavingapath Registered User Posts: 87 Junior Member
    No reason not to. Secure your spot and have one less thing to worry about. Besides wasting the money if he chooses not to go, i dont see any other reason to hold off
  • sddanrsddanr Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    I am too worried about the $100, but if he is not ready to commit, we will probably wait until he hears from the other schools. It seems somewhat unethical to enroll if he thinks he might change his mind. I wish the college notifications were closer together. He received his first acceptance on November 1st and will not receive his last notification until late March.
This discussion has been closed.