Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Cal poly Pomona or SJSU?

JenniferNghiJenniferNghi Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
I, currently, admitted into SJSU for computer science major (GPA: 3.93), but I am still waiting for cal poly pomona decision.
I've heard that Cal Poly have more reputation in computer science, researches and internships, is that true?

Replies to: Cal poly Pomona or SJSU?

• GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC Posts: 23,877 Forum Champion
    Actually SJSU's CS program is super competitive and location is important since you are in the heart of silicon valley. CPP has excellent Engineering programs but for CS, definitely go with SJSU.
  • JulijaJulija Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Yes, I agree, SJSU is a great location for CS majors. However, housing there is crazy expensive.
  • flaminhauteflaminhaute Registered User Posts: 451 Member
    ^^also you might not get housing at all/off-campus housing anywhere in the bay will not be much better! My dad and all of his friends work in CS and a lot of companies give strong preference to SJSU students for jobs!
  • VRSanctumVRSanctum Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    I got accepted between both for computer engineering, and if I don't get into UCI, UCSB, UCD, and UCSD, I will have to probably decide between these two. I checked various sources such as PayScale, LinkedIn, etc.. and I believe it should depend on where you want to work because they both have similar salaries anyways. CPP students usually work for JPL and Boeing, while SJSU usually work for IBM and Apple. I live near Pomona, however since I want to work near the Silicon Valley, I'm definitely leaning towards SJSU.
  • SoCalifornianSoCalifornian Registered User Posts: 48 Junior Member
    Oh? I got into Pomona. Is the compsci there really so bad? :/
This discussion has been closed.