Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Cal Poly Acceptance?

falltransfer1falltransfer1 Registered User Posts: 98 Junior Member
edited March 2016 in Cal Poly Pomona
I applied as a transfer applicant to CPP for the 2016 fall semester.

For a few months the status in "view my application status" tab on the applicant website read "ready for decision."

A few days ago it changed to "provisional admit." I interpret this as meaning I was accepted.

Now it's ordering me to submit a deposit by May 1.

Lol do they seriously just put "provision admit" for all that are accepted? I was expecting some kind of congratulations or welcoming by the head of admissions... or, dare I say it: an email of acceptance. You know...something to let me know they're even half interested in me attending.

Did anyone get an email informing them of their acceptance?

Thanks.

Replies to: Cal Poly Acceptance?

• Mikey17Mikey17 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    I got an acceptance email a few days after I got Provisional Admit
  • epower1epower1 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    @falltransfer1 I am in the same situation. My status was changed to "provisional admit" for electrical engineering on the 22nd of this month. Around 9p today I received an email stating "official documentation and/or information are required to enable us to determine your admission eligibility: Enrollment Confirm. Deposit." The deadline is 5/1/2016. I have not yet seen an email congratulating or welcoming me. I am assuming this is somewhat standard, but I was certainly expecting an email or letter making it official.
  • KlasickKlasick Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    @falltransfer1 This is how it was for every other college I applied to, so I believe it's normal. Some of the emails even came weeks or months after I knew that I had gotten in/rejected.
  • PlotixPlotix Registered User Posts: 28 New Member
    I think bronco direct is just faster than the people who send out emails. I got provisional accepted on the 22nd then had the "pay the ECD" option on their website when one clicked on orientation. I paid it then on the 24th got a "To Do list: Pay ECD by May 1st" and an email a few hours later. I honestly do not even care about the congratulations thing. It's all copy and pasted anyway. Only thing that matters to me is that they chose to provisionally accept me.
This discussion has been closed.