Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Choosing classes - Can't find required courses?

DSG3002DSG3002 Registered User Posts: 26 New Member
edited May 2011 in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
I'm a Computer Engineering major and I'm trying to sign up for classes. I've watched the tutorials for PASS and CPReg, and I found the major's flowchart and curriculum. However, I can't manage to find certain courses in the online catalogs for PASS or CPReg, specifically CPE100 and CPE123. I've made several schedules that satisfy the Fall quarter on the flowchart aside from these two courses, but I don't know how to add these two into my schedule. Am I missing something here or is it possible that they didn't put these two classes in their catalog yet?
Post edited by DSG3002 on

Replies to: Choosing classes - Can't find required courses?

• LPCnativeLPCnative Registered User Posts: 22 New Member
    Those introduction/orientation classes are reserved for freshman, so there is no need for them to be on pass.

There is also no need for you to really be on pass because pre-made fall quarter schedules will be given to you.

After SOAR, you will have the opportunity to shift your schedule around a little.
  • bjornredtailbjornredtail Registered User Posts: 142 Junior Member
    Wait, PASS is up? I really ought to take a look at that. My priority registration is this next Monday :)

CPE 123 is a new creation for this year for the incoming freshmen. It has different sections with different focuses, like digital music or even Android apps. It's meant to be an easier, friendlier introduction than CPE 101 where they throw to wolves to deal with pointers and whatnot. So, it's probably not in the old catalog. There is a new print catalog floating around the bookstore, but I'm not sure if it's online yet.

CPE 100? Is that still around? Or is that even what I think it is? There used to be a 2 unit intro to programming class that was taught in python with a similar course number. I had a floormate take it during my freshman year. Beyond that, I don't know anything about it, or even if it's still offered. My bet is that its content got rolled into CPE 123 and CPE 100 might be something completely different these days.
  • dannyp32dannyp32 Registered User Posts: 95 Junior Member
    Are you an upcoming freshman? I'm pretty sure they give you your first quarter schedule
This discussion has been closed.