Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

SLO bike rentals for a weekend visit--where?

flydadflydad Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
edited May 2011 in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
We were coming to visit our daughter May 14/15 weekend. We were interested in renting road bikes while there for the weekend (we're flying in so we can't toss them in the car). Any recommendations on (a) places to rent decent road bikes, and (b) where should we plan on a pleasant 2 to 3 hr ride?

Thanks
Post edited by flydad on

Replies to: SLO bike rentals for a weekend visit--where?

• Mariner116Mariner116 Registered User Posts: 219 Junior Member
    We visited our daughter in April. I brought my bike so I can't give much advice on renting but I can make some suggestions on routes. I did three:

1. I started from North of Cayucos and rode along the coast to Morro Bay, then rode along the back of the bay and up Los Ossos Valley road back to SLO. That is about a 20 mile ride. You could loop back to Cayucos by going back North on Highway 1 to make it a round trip. This route mixes the Pacific Ocean, views of Morro Bay including the estuary, beautiful farmland.

2. I rode from Pismo Beach back to SLO along the Highway 227 that is East of Highway 1 This is a hilly ride that primarly goes through agricultural areas.

3. If you can fit it into your schedule the route on "17-mile drive" through Pebble Beach is spectacular. That is quite a ways from SLO but if you are planning a trip up to Monterey and Carmel a ride along this road is a fantastic experience.

If you are looking for one good ride I would suggest something along the lines of #1.

Have a great ride!
  • slodadslodad Registered User Posts: 185 Junior Member
    Pretty sure Cambria Bicycle Outfitters on Monterey rent road bikes. They are close to campus. cambriabike.com
This discussion has been closed.