Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chance Me????

fred2580fred2580 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
edited August 2011 in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
Thank you so much! :) I'm planning on applying Early Decision for Architectural Engineering. What do you guys think?

GPA: uw 3.73, weighted 3.91
SAT I: 1250 (Math and Reading) Retaking this year
ACT: 26 Retaking this year
SAT IIs: Math II - 740

AP's:
Calc AB - Taking this year
Gov - Taking this year

Honors:
Bio
Chem
Molec Genetics/Microbio
Econ
Alg II/Trig
Precalc

Boy Scouts of America Member (5 yrs)
Eagle Scout w/ 3 palms
Church youth group (3 yrs)
3 church mission trips

Volunteered for:
Feed the Children
SCV Heritage Haunt
SCV Winter Shelter
Union Rescue Mission

Spanish Honor Society
National Honor Society
California Scholarship Foundation

Won 3rd place at BIASC architecture design contest among 6 other schools.

Summer before Senior year: volunteered with youth group and amor ministries and built one fruit stand and one house in globe, arizona
Post edited by fred2580 on

Replies to: Chance Me????

• j0npaej0npae Registered User Posts: 3 New Member
    ED definitely increases your chances of getting into the school. The Cal Poly application doesn't emphasize on volunteer work or achievements. It's primarily grades. I would say you have a decent chance of getting into the school. This year's incoming freshmen average GPA was 3.93 (not sure if it was unweighted). Also, SAT II is not needed for a CSU. Other than that, do well on your AP classes and good luck.

As for me, I had a 3.9x unweighted GPA and 4.2 weighted GPA with a really bad ACT and SAT I score. I didn't take any honors during my high school career except 3 AP classes (one in junior year and two in senior year). Surprisingly, I got into Cal Poly through ED.
  • LisaVargas1LisaVargas1 Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    j0npae: What was your major. I am in a similar situation as you and will be applying ED to Cal Poly in about a month. I have a 4.0 GPA unweighted and a 4.17 weighted GPA. My SAT and ACT scores are ok, but not great. I am retaking them, but am just not a good test taker. I intend to apply for Biology. Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.