Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is it possible that Cal Poly accepted you by accident?

Question0Question0 Registered User Posts: 163 Junior Member
edited December 2011 in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
So, I got accepted into Cal Poly and I am wondering if the acceptance letters have been wrong before. For example:
BERKELEY / Law school admissions chief misfires on an e-mail - SFGate
UC Berkeley accidentally sent a letter out that everyone got accepted.

Would it be best if I pressed the accept button now (and cancel all the other applications) or should I wait until it is almost the deadline in case there is a mistake?
Post edited by Question0 on

Replies to: Is it possible that Cal Poly accepted you by accident?

• NTKS17NTKS17 Registered User Posts: 549 Member
    haha, I don't think there have been any mistakes. Everyone who was accepted was accepted intentionally.
  • OsakaDadOsakaDad Registered User Posts: 1,200 Senior Member
    There is no mistake -- it would have been publicized already. Cal Poly is too high profile of a school for this to go unnoticed. Since you were accepted now, I can only assume that you were accepted ED. If so you are obligated to attend anyway. You will love it! Accept the offer, cancel the other applications and coast until next Fall. Keep your grades up. Make sure that you attend the Spring orientation/open house (that's when we fell in love with Cal Poly) go to SOAR and WOW Week and live happily ever after!

If you still feel uncomfortable call the admission department at Cal Poly and double check. Otherwise, enjoy the rest of your year and congratulations.
  • paige7288paige7288 Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    When is it? When is WOW week? Is a calendar posted anywhere online?
  • NTKS17NTKS17 Registered User Posts: 549 Member
    WOW week is the week before classes begin. It usually starts a day or so after you move in. So this year it will probably be sometime between the 10th and 16th of september.
  • OsakaDadOsakaDad Registered User Posts: 1,200 Senior Member
    OK -- Here is the information for the Cal Poly Open House in April! http://www.studentlife.calpoly.edu/orientation/openhouse/

It will be held April 12,13 & 14, 2012. It is going to be fantastic! Do not forget to go to the rodeo! You'll never have a chance to see a real one in LA or SF!!

What we loved about it was that UCSD gave us 3/4 of a day and Subway sandwiches. They flew a online purchased mini helicopter around the courtyard for us. UCLA gave us 1/2 a day and sandwiches, cookies and a large helping of BS. One kid tried to show off his robot, but it coughed, sputtered and died. Cal Poly gave us 3 days and showed us how a real welcome should be! The WHOLE school was on display. We toured lab after lab and saw a full on robot war competition, supermileage cars being built, concerts by talented students, tons of info, great food, a massive club and student organization fair, a personal visit by the Dr. Armstrong the new president, tours all over campus and the dorms, etc., etc.
This discussion has been closed.