Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Chances of getting in Biology Major at Cal Poly

norcalsoccernorcalsoccer Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
edited December 2011 in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
GPA: 4.0 SAT: 1930
Science Classes:
Forensic Sciences (A/A), Biology (A/A), Chemisty (A/B), Physiology/Anatomy (A/A), ROP Sports Medicine (A/A)
Math Classes:
Algerbra I (A/A), Geometry (A/A), Algebra II (A/A), Advanced Algebra (A/A), AP Statistics (B/B)

Took honors English freshman and sophomore year, AP Psychology Junior year.
What are my chances of getting into a biology major?
Post edited by norcalsoccer on

Replies to: Chances of getting in Biology Major at Cal Poly

• LisaVargas1LisaVargas1 Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    Excellent chances, especially if you are doing early decision. I applied this year early decision and have a 4.06 weighted GPA, a 28 on my ACT and I got in early decision into biology.
  • norcalsoccernorcalsoccer Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
    LisaVargas1 thanks for the reply! I did regular decision though! What was your course load like?
  • OsakaDadOsakaDad Registered User Posts: 1,200 Senior Member
    You'll get in!
  • LisaVargas1LisaVargas1 Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    My courseload was not that heavy. I took one weighted class in my junior year (Precalc honors) and am taking my first 2 AP classes in my senior year (AP Bio and AP Stat). I had regular Bio, and regular Chem and then in my senior year I am taking AP Bio, Marine Bio and regular Physics as far as science classes. In Math, I had Geometry, Algebra 2 honors, Pre Calc Honors and then in senior year AP Stat. The math and science were the only classes that I took honors because I am not an english history type person. I don't think there were too many biology people accepted early decision. Most that I have heard seem to be engineering, agriculture and business. I am so excited to get to Cal Poly.
This discussion has been closed.