Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Applied for Cal Poly SLO before Nov30 for regular decision.. still no email from them

Replies to: Applied for Cal Poly SLO before Nov30 for regular decision.. still no email from them

• GNlateGNlate Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
    I still havent recieved an email from them. Should I call or wait it out?
  • AtascaderoDadAtascaderoDad Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    My daughter still hasn't received her email either.
  • AncientGammonerAncientGammoner Registered User Posts: 117 Junior Member
    I submitted my transfer application on Nov 28th and I still haven't received my login info, only email I got from them is "Application Acknowledgment" which said to expect future emails... Also, does anyone know if they take into consideration Fall grades? Other colleges I applied to require that I submit a supplemental application with a Fall grade update, I'm kinda concerned if Cal Poly does not, since I got 4.0 last semester and it greatly raised my GPA.
  • OsakaDadOsakaDad Registered User Posts: 1,200 Senior Member
    Keep them updated and send them an email with the good news of a 4.0. You might want to call and ask what the most appropriate way to send it to them is. Nothing is better than calling.
  • crazybusy65crazybusy65 Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    My son applied on November 29, and we still haven't received the information to set-up his portal. Anyone else still waiting?
  • gumbylinhgumbylinh Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    does anyone know when decision letters will come out?
  • themusiciangirlthemusiciangirl Registered User Posts: 55 Junior Member
    I still have not received any emails from Cal Poly SLO either to set up my portal. :(
  • mkonjibhumkonjibhu Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    if i were you guys and still hadn't received an email, i'd call and at least confirm that they will get you the email in the next few weeks. last year my friend heard back from regular decision in the middle/end of february...
  • zerofalloutzerofallout Registered User Posts: 9 New Member
    @ancient. They do not use fall grades in your GPA calculation. I have confirmed this with multiple advisors. SDSU does, CP does their own thing. They also told me the completed pre-major requirements and supplemental application are their major decision factors. They will compute your GPA off of the supplemental.
  • KeypperKeypper Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Does anybody know how they will contact you if you get admitted or not? I live overseas and apparently some schools don't send letters to overseas students (i got admitted to SCU but never got any form of letter sent to my home and was only notified thru their portal). So will they tell us thru their portal too? Or what? Thanks beforehand!
  • universityfreakuniversityfreak Registered User Posts: 85 Junior Member
    It will show up on your portal a couple days before the e-mail. The letter comes much later.
  • maxillarymolamaxillarymola Registered User Posts: 44 Junior Member
    My daughter submitted her application on Nov 30 (just hours before it closed) and got her email with the portal information this morning.
  • OsakaDadOsakaDad Registered User Posts: 1,200 Senior Member
    Only a couple more weeks until most of you know the RD result! Good luck!!
  • bjlimcdibjlimcdi Registered User Posts: 13 New Member
    Does Cal Poly take a look at mid-year report?
    I just found my S' mid-year report submitted to cal poly on naviance.
    Any idea?
    Thanks.
  • gumbylinhgumbylinh Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    Osakadad, I'm so nervous!!!! Do they all come out before March?
This discussion has been closed.