Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
We want your feedback! Complete our survey and enter to win one of four $25 gift cards.
We are excited to announce a new role on College Confidential: The Forum Champion! Read all about it and apply now.

How does one pay for cal poly?

KonaLuvKonaLuv Registered User Posts: 144 Junior Member
edited February 2012 in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
I'm a transfer that had just been accepted, so I'll be starting at Cal Poly as a sophomore. I currently live in Orange County, CA and will need to relocate. I filed my FAFSA a few weeks ago, but what kind of a loan do you recommend I take out? Will I need to work a part time job? I'm really hoping I don't have to work and that I can just take out a big student loan! What do you recommend I do?? Thanks!

Oh! And is it cheaper to live on or off campus? Which one do you prefer? Thanks!
Post edited by KonaLuv on

Replies to: How does one pay for cal poly?

• walwalwalwal Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    If you have the choice between subsidized and unsubsidized loans, definitely go with the subsidized (interest doesn't add up when you're in school).

Living off-campus can be either cheaper or not depending on what you choose. A house will obviously cost more, but if you're looking for a more cost-efficient apartment, they are generally the same or just slightly less. You really do get what you pay for though. I recommend living on campus for your first year.
This discussion has been closed.