Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Cal Poly's Social Scene/Party Life

2»

Replies to: Cal Poly's Social Scene/Party Life

• calpolyslo95calpolyslo95 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    Yes I understand that. however, i also want to live the college experience and go out/make new connections/meet new people
  • calpolyslo95calpolyslo95 Registered User Posts: 8 New Member
    oops wwrong reply! Thank you that link helps
  • vballmomvballmom Registered User Posts: 3,135
    How good does it look coming out of Cal Poly with a computer engineering degree? Many job oppurtunities?

Job opportunities for CPE graduates are plentiful. The key is to land good internships, especially summers between 2nd/3rd and 3rd/4th years. Silicon Valley tech companies heavily recruit Cal Poly students at job fairs every quarter. The key to a good internship? A good GPA. That tells companies that you're willing to work hard. You can easily make $10K in the summer as an intern.

A CPE graduate a couple of years ago turned his Capstone project into a company that Google bought for a couple million. A different CPE student in my son's class ('13) will make over $100K at Google when he graduates this spring. My son had an offer letter in hand a couple of months ago from the company where he interned last summer.
  • 3younguns3younguns Registered User Posts: 157 Junior Member
    What's the best way to look for internships?
  • vballmomvballmom Registered User Posts: 3,135
    Attend job fairs and events on campus when people from various companies come to speak.
2»
This discussion has been closed.