Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
thelazydaisythelazydaisy Registered User Posts: 53 Junior Member
This is just a question regarding their Terms & Conditions for freshmen, as it states "You must complete all coursework designated on your application, including those listed as "in progress" or "planned," with a grade of "C-" (or better) no later than the previous Spring Term for admission for the Fall Term."

I got into Cal Poly with a 3.73 GPA. My first semester grades for senior year was a 4.0 W. To get straight C's would mean they won't rescind you if your GPA is a 2.0+, and that doesn't make sense to me. If I went from a 3.73 to (worst case scenario; I bomb all my finals) a 2.75, they would not rescind me? Realistically, I'll probably end the year with a 3.0-3.5 GPA (I only have four classes right now). Would this be a significant drop that they'd rescind me, or does Cal Poly strictly adhere to the C- or better policy for all classes, irrespective of maintaining the admitted GPA?

Also, would a B in my AP class be regarded as an A or a B, since it's a CSU?

Thanks!

-Daisy
This discussion has been closed.