Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Acceptances 2006-2007

lovetocamplovetocamp Registered User Posts: 675 Member
edited February 2006 in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
If SLO Acceptances this year, are like last year's thread, then you should start hearing this week. Good luck to all.

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/showthread.php?t=36295&highlight=Accepted
Post edited by lovetocamp on

Replies to: Acceptances 2006-2007

• lrg&nchrglrg&nchrg Registered User Posts: 195 Junior Member
    Dear SLO, please notify me already!!!
  • theripcurl1969theripcurl1969 Registered User Posts: 1,100 Member
    no mail from slo today....i called slo admissions today and they said that everyone would know of their admission status by april 1......ahhhh so loooooooonnnnnnnnnggggg!!
  • dreamingofdreamsdreamingofdreams Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    The decision process is too slo!!! (unclever pun intended)
  • CollegeParent73CollegeParent73 . Posts: 60 Junior Member
    News will come, long before April 1st. Guranteed. Happens every year. Hang in there.

I went for the tour with my son, and his friend. Is SLO the nicest campus, or what? And 10-15 minutes away, you are at Pismo Beach, on the Pier, watching the surfers, eating a burger or seafood. It doesn't get much better than SLO.

Again, good luck to you all.
  • rage_fanrage_fan Registered User Posts: 106 Junior Member
    Really? I hate the campus. To me it has nothing unique about it, the dorms remind me of a socialized block of housing in Britain, BORING.

They had 3,000 more applicants this year than in 2005, so maybe an extra week.
  • CollegeParent73CollegeParent73 . Posts: 60 Junior Member
    Why are you interested in going to a school for which you do not like the campus, dorms, etc? I mentioned Pismo Beach, which is a short distance away. That is a positive aspect of SLO. You mention that, in your estimation, the campus and dorms bore you. You may wish to reconsider SLO as an option, if you are so contrary to the campus. What I did not mention is that you are a long long drive from any major populated city. So, if SLO bores you, you will probably not be happy going to school there.

For those who do appreciate the beautiful and tranquil look of SLO, it can be addicting, and quite appealing. Surfing nearby, rock climbing, hiking, bike riding, beautiful temperate weather, etc. And, the campus is beautiful, if it has the look that appeals. Boring? Absolutely not. But, I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Seriously, if you find the campus and dorms "BORING". You will probably have a lousy college experience at SLO. You should leave the boring SLO experience to those who find SLO beautiful, magical, and wonderful. Maybe some other campus would be more appealing to you: Irvine, Santa Cruz, Santa Barbara, Davis, Berkeley, UCLA, UCSD, etc.
  • packerfan22packerfan22 Registered User Posts: 310 Junior Member
    i love the small town environment that's why I'm applying to slo.

collegeparent73, do you know how far lake lopez is from cal poly?
  • kirbysanmomkirbysanmom Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
    30 min + or -

sail, hobie cat, windsurf, or waterski. that lake has it all. Ski mornings, windsurf or sail afternoons

You can get yearlong passes that make it cheep
  • packerfan22packerfan22 Registered User Posts: 310 Junior Member
    sounds good. thanks kirbysanmom
This discussion has been closed.