Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Cal Poly admits most selective class

blindmonkeyblindmonkey Registered User Posts: 165 Junior Member
http://mustangnews.net/cal-poly-admits-most-selective-class/

Cal Poly’s admission rate for Fall 2014 applicants is the lowest in university history — 28 percent.

Of the 51,707 students who applied for Fall 2014, only 14,749 students were selected. In regards to freshmen, that number was just 13,303 out of 43,803 — a 30.4 percent acceptance rate. For transfers, 1,320 out of 7,868 were selected — a 16.8 percent acceptance rate.

Freshmen accepted to Cal Poly also had the highest academic profile ever seen in admitted students — a weighted grade point average of 3.97 and a combined reading and math SAT score of 1318 out of 1600. The average ACT composite score was also at 29, Associate Director of Admissions Terrance Harris said.

Replies to: Cal Poly admits most selective class

• OsakaDadOsakaDad Registered User Posts: 1,200 Senior Member
    Wow!!
  • ickglueickglue Registered User Posts: 283 Junior Member
    edited April 2014
    I was most impressed with this. The university has really changed since I was there.
    Currently, Cal Poly is considered to be either on par with or more selective than most University of California campuses. Last year, only UCLA and Berkeley were more selective than Cal Poly, Ikeda said.
  • GED2DegreeGED2Degree Registered User Posts: 43 Junior Member
    I would think that the low admittance numbers is good news for wait listed students. Does anyone else agree?

This discussion has been closed.