Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

UCSD vs. UCSB vs. Cal Poly SLO

2»

Replies to: UCSD vs. UCSB vs. Cal Poly SLO

• wayoldwayold Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    My son is completing his freshman year in CS.He will come home and work at a private golf course for the summer.A job he found last year and really likes.I suggest a person not worry much about internships unless they want to work for a specific company.For example my son said he had two friends who are interning at Microsoft this summer.Both are freshman with past experience. Phyzy maybe instead of worrying about getting an internship your son should get a fun job and chase girls.Something he will not be able to do soon.As far as getting a job when he completes school with a CS degree he will have people lined up to hire him with or without a degree from Cal Poly as long as he has a degree.If you are truely worried about an internship I would think with all your experience in the field you should be able to help your son locate an internship.
2»
This discussion has been closed.