Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Do I even have a chance?

SweetNibletsSweetNiblets Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
edited September 2014 in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
I recently talked to my HS college counselor and she said I have a chance of making it in, but I have my doubts due to a low SAT score (which I'm re-taking in November, October is full). I'm looking at all these other people with high SAT scores and GPA's past 4; it's really discouraging me.

My CSU GPA is 3.94. (6 AP Classes, tons of honors classes. 10 AP Classes if you include senior year.)
SAT: 1030 (470M + 560 CR)

I really want to go here for Comp Science but realize that the math portion of my SAT is low. However that is because I completely winged the SAT and did not study at all (I don't know why I did, honestly. It was stupid of me.) I also forgot to bring a calculator. DOH! I've been preparing and have had lots of practice daily, I'm confident I can raise my math to at LEAST 550. Hopefully 600? Hopefully I will improve my CR too. Thank you CCers!

Replies to: Do I even have a chance?

This discussion has been closed.