Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Can I get into this school?

jas5188jas5188 Registered User Posts: 10 New Member
As i'm a senior in highschool, i've been looking at schools nationwide this school intrigued me. Can anyone tell me if I even have a chance of getting into this school? I'm interested in Biosciences/biomed

I'm from out of state

My GPA is 3.6 unweighted, and 4.3 weighted

I got a really horrible score on my SATs (around 1500 w/o writing about 1000), but i'm retaking both SAT and ACT in October

I go to a magnet school where I "major" in Nursing, (basically my sched. consisted of 8 classes instead of 6 to fit in those nursing classes every year

---those 2 extra classes were not weighted- rather they were counted as electives

-I'm in the top 14% of my class

ALL core classes were at least honors, I also took AP world history, AP English, and AP Biology

-My senior schedule is equally as rigorous as my other school years
--taking 2 science classes

- I do have an art credit

-I worked a seasonal job last summer

ECs:
-HOSA(health occupation students of america) member senior and junior yr
-MRC(medical reserve corps) senior and jr year
-DECA sophomore year
-C.E.R.T. certified (volunteering)
-Key Club freshman and sophomore year

Idk if this helps but by the time i graduate I would have taken (and hopefully passed) the certification tests for both Pharmaceutical Technician and Certified Nursing Assistant

Thank you for your time!

Replies to: Can I get into this school?

This discussion has been closed.