Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

performing arts requirement

AP99654AP99654 Registered User Posts: 23 New Member
It says that all CSUs require 2 semesters of visual/performing arts. I go to a career and technical high school that, while the #1 school in Alaska, doesn't offer any art courses. Is there a way to get the requirement waived, or am I ineligible for admissions?

Replies to: performing arts requirement

• takeitallintakeitallin Registered User Posts: 3,378 Senior Member
    You need to call admissions and ask that question. I am guessing there are ways around it since your school does not offer any arts classes.
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC Posts: 24,992 Forum Champion
    edited September 2014
    Both my sons took a Computer Graphic Design class as their art requirement for the Cal states. You could take a semester art class at your local CC for credit also but do call admissions for clarification. There have been some admissions rescinded due to no fulfulling the a-g required courses.
  • NCalRentNCalRent Registered User Posts: 5,860 Senior Member
    given the volume of applicants, they can't possibly know (or care) what classes your HS offers, particularly OOS. If you apply without the a-g requirements complete or mapped in your sr schedule, you'll be denied - no matter what your GPA and SAT are. I'd call them and ask what your options are now while you have time to do something about it. Perhaps an on-line CC course would work. Confirm you've got your boxes checked or don't waste the $55 to apply.
    Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.