Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Chance Me?

13»

Replies to: Chance Me?

• socalmom23socalmom23 Registered User Posts: 201 Junior Member
    @Calpolyplease: To which major are you applying?
  • roxy401roxy401 Registered User Posts: 100 Junior Member
    Hey @eyemgh‌ What do you know about the selectivity for architectural engineering? I can find information about the college of arch, but I can't find anything about the major specifically. I am guessing that I have about a 70% chance of getting in based on my stats and what I have read so far.

Also, how much does it help that I am from out of state and won't be applying for financial aid?
    @eyemgh‌ You are very knowledgeable about this topic, so maybe you could give me the most accurate hypothesis. I I am dying waiting for a response from cal poly so anything helps.

Architectural Engineering
    Out of State applicant (Texas)
    Not applying for financial aid
    5 years of high school math
    4 years of english
    4 years of spanish
    2 years of fine arts
    4 years of science
    SAT: 690 math, 590 reading
    CSU GPA: 3.77
    11-15 hours of extra curricular w/ leadership position (swimming)
    I checked the box that I would like to participate in varsity athletics (swimming)
    21+ hours of work/week not related to major
    And I have 44 hours of college credit before I graduate high school

Also, 5 students applied from my school last year. 4 were accepted and one was waitlisted (I'm not sure if they got in or not) 2 of which had lower stats than me.

And to anyone who wants to chance me, I won't get offended, I have already submitted my binding contract so theres no taking it back anyways, I just want to know what to expect because I am going crazy just waiting to hear back.
  • eyemgheyemgh Registered User Posts: 3,847 Senior Member
    @roxy401, I don't "chance" posters. There's really no solid way to know. I do give advice on how applicants can strengthen their chances, but that's only when they have time to alter their record. It's really not germane to you. What I can tell you is that about 50% of AE applicants get accepted. I really don't know though how your stats stack up in the major. Sorry. Good luck!
  • CalpolypleaseCalpolyplease Registered User Posts: 68 Junior Member
    edited November 2014
    @socalmom23 Oops! Mechanical Engineering
    Alright, thanks anyways! @eyemgh‌
13»
This discussion has been closed.