Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Sign Up For Free

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

  • Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

What if I want to change majors when I get to cal poly slo?

jwillijwilli Registered User Posts: 50 Junior Member
For example, city and regional planning to architectural engineering.

Replies to: What if I want to change majors when I get to cal poly slo?

  • swimdogmomswimdogmom Registered User Posts: 170 Junior Member
    @jwilli I see you would be a transfer student and there may be different criteria for attempting to change majors if you were accepted into one of the "easier" admits in the CAED dept. with an intention to switch to architectural engineering (a tougher admit). I hope you have asked your question of CP SLO. The University's goal is for their students to succeed at their chosen majors. You know as a transfer student you will hit the ground running in this department with expectations of performance and strong understanding of the foundations. Hope your strategy works out for you.
  • HPuck35HPuck35 Registered User Posts: 1,912 Senior Member
    My son went to CalPolySLO. Very tough to change into some majors, architectural engineering. It appears that you need someone to leave the major and then the department will select the best candidate, out of all the students that have applied to transfer, to replace that student.
  • NTKS17NTKS17 Registered User Posts: 549 Member
    edited August 2015
    Meet with an academic advisor as soon as possible. Since you want to switch majors within the same college, it will most likely be a slightly easier switch. Also, CRP and architectural engineering are both offered as minors. It might be doable for you to stay in the CRP major and do an architectural engineering minor. Depends what you want to do after you graduate though.
This discussion has been closed.