Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Cal Poly Class of 2022 Thread

Replies to: Cal Poly Class of 2022 Thread

• bumblbeebumblbee Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    @CopperlineX2 just psychology, but my understanding is that every undergraduate major is super impacted. I could be wrong though
  • CopperlineX2CopperlineX2 Registered User Posts: 511 Member
    @bumblbee I’m embarrassed to say I confused this with the CPP thread. You are correct that CP is impacted campus wide. Most acceptances seem to come out over a 2 week period from mid to late Feb. Good luck!
  • eyemgheyemgh Registered User Posts: 5,333 Senior Member
    Impacted, by CSU definition, simply means that more applicants apply than they have slots for. That means not everyone who applies gets in. Beyond that, the level of impaction can only be determined by the projections page.
  • bumblbeebumblbee Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Okay! Thank you so much @CopperlineX2 @eyemgh
  • party123party123 Registered User Posts: 62 Junior Member
    I have a 4.25 wgpa with 1510 sat and 790 sat math 2. Ok ecs. Chances of engineering?
  • xafl134xafl134 Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    4.7 Weighted. 4.0 UW. History Major. 33 ACT. Chances?
  • sbark71sbark71 Registered User Posts: 11 New Member
    What's the acceptance rate for City and Regional Planning?
  • bogeyorparbogeyorpar Registered User Posts: 782 Member
    @xafl134 , you are 100% accepted. Maybe the only History major in the whole school though ...
  • Ritzcrackers01Ritzcrackers01 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    Current Cal Poly SLO freshman majoring in animal science here! I know that this is a tense time for a lot of you awaiting decisions, but be patient and know that everything happens for a reason and that you will end up at an amazing school!
    If you have any questions about freshman life, animal science major, or anything else in between ask away :D
  • calicowiecalicowie Registered User Posts: 7 New Member
    Would you mind posting your stats? I applied Animal Science as well and want to get an idea of what my chances are. Thanks!
  • ksquaredmomksquaredmom Registered User Posts: 70 Junior Member
    Keep in mind that the stats posted aren't necessarily going to make you feel better at all. In fact, they may make you more nervous. While Cal Poly is a numbers school, a composite ACT may not be reflective of the Math and English scores (the only ones they look at). The GPA needs to be the A-G Cal State gpa. The ECs need to be quantified in hours spent and leadership. There are numerous other factors and we may not even know what they are. If you are admitted, fantastic. If you aren't, then it was just not the right fit for you and that is okay. It in no way reflects upon your work ethic or you as a person. It bears repeating that "where you go is not who you'll be". Please relax and take @Ritzcrackers01 's advice.
  • DelishenDelishen Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello everyone! I'm a second year Cal Poly Art and Design student in the Graphic Design Concentration. I remember very clearly how stressful this time was for me! If you're interested, the date of my acceptance was March 11th but the delay was due to the portfolio review process required by my major. I applied with a weighted GPA of 4.3, an old SAT score of 1620/2400 (clearly not important for my major), substantial extra-curricular activities, a few CC classes, and a decent portfolio.

If you guys have any questions about campus life, the art program, and academics please let me know and I'll be happy to answer!
  • Ritzcrackers01Ritzcrackers01 Registered User Posts: 14 New Member
    SAT --> 1230
    GPA --> 4.2
    Good luck :)
  • henremhenrem Registered User Posts: 18 Junior Member
    sat: 1460
    gpa: 4.26
    major: computer science

nervous omg
  • prdmamprdmam Registered User Posts: 17 Junior Member
    edited February 2018
    CP is my son's reach school. He didn't really push his freshman year - was thinking that most CA public schools just look at 10/11. He has a steady upward progression grade wise, good test scores and 6 APs. Just wondering if we should even hold out hope with 65K apps!
    So...
    CP GPA - 3.77
    SAT - 1400
    MCA - 4300-4400
    major - Architectural Engineering

Does he even have a chance?