Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Cal Poly Class of 2022 Thread

itschaboyitschaboy Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
Haven't seen one of these up yet, and decisions are coming out pretty soon, so here it is.

Replies to: Cal Poly Class of 2022 Thread

• pleasgodpleasgod Registered User Posts: 146 Junior Member
    2 people on Reddit said they got decisions today. I still have no decision. Does anyone know what the timeline for decision release is like (especially for engineering)?
  • Kitty33Kitty33 Registered User Posts: 33 Junior Member
    My sons portal still says “no determination”. I think based on past years mid-feb is the usual timeline.
  • GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC Posts: 25,744 Forum Champion
    edited January 2018
    @pleasgod: Are you sure the decisions posted on Reddit are for Cal Poly SLO not CaL Poly Pomona. Cal Poly Pomona is known for notifying high stat/honor’s college invitees early (End of January). Unless SLO has changed their decision dates from the previous years, Mid-February is when you should be hearing.
    @Gumbymom 100% sure it was SLO
  • CaliKenMomCaliKenMom Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
    I tried to find it on Reddit and couldn't locate it - I had the same question as to whether it was Pomona.
    /r/ApplyingToCollege/comments/7spbk4
  • venm1337venm1337 Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    edited January 2018
    https://****/7spbk4

Looks like decisions might start rolling out for the rest of the colleges in the coming two weeks! I wonder if the OOS applicants are finding out earlier like they have been in years past.
  • bogeyorparbogeyorpar Registered User Posts: 782 Member
    It could have been an accidental release of information ... Now the portal is down from 8pm - midnight, presumably they are "fixing" the issue.
  • venm1337venm1337 Registered User Posts: 61 Junior Member
    Honestly I don't think there has been any issue of the decisions being accidentally leaked out early. Both people in the reddit thread stated that they were OOS and that they received actual acceptance/rejection letters via email in addition to initially checking their decision through the portal, which may indicate that it was deliberate.

If I recall correctly, Cal Poly traditionally releases their decisions for OOS students a day before they release the in-state applicant decisions, so hopefully they are just making last minute tweaks to the portal before the onslaught of in-state students check their decisions.

I really hope decisions come out tomorrow. I honestly cannot persevere with this anxiety anymore...
  • NWhummingbirdNWhummingbird Registered User Posts: 47 Junior Member
    That screenshot is real...someone has heard. Why is this thread so hard to find? Searching for Cal Poly SLO doesn't bring this one to the top. Adding @eyemgh.
  • bogeyorparbogeyorpar Registered User Posts: 782 Member
    I still think it's a unintended leak. No way they'll just notify these two guys and not everyone else. After the "emergency outage" last night, I think they plugged the leak. (I work in IT so I know -- nobody do a maintenance on Wednesday night. Regular scheduled maintenance are always on a non-business day, such as Saturday night.)
    they usually release in waves. last year one guy reported hearing in the last week of January on the discussion thread.. maybe this was just the smallest wave or something??

@venm1337 one of the people said they were in-state but at an international school, not OOS. so maybe us in-staters still have hope for hearing soon? fingers crossed
  • soren99soren99 Registered User Posts: 28 Junior Member
    If you want to find the thread on reddit it's under "Applying to College" not the Cal Poly SLO thread
  • eyemgheyemgh Registered User Posts: 5,346 Senior Member
    Real or not, time will tell. Suffice it to say, people fake this stuff every year, at lots of schools, and it would be highly out of character relative to Poly's previous acceptance releases.
  • xafl134xafl134 Registered User Posts: 94 Junior Member
    So should we be expecting a release in the next week? Today? Tomorrow?