right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Waitlisted Transfers - Fall of 2020

mimi1600mimi1600 1 replies2 threads New Member
Anyone else get waitlisted? I got my email last night.
Stats: Business Major / GPA 3.64 / Nonlocal
edited June 10
30 replies
Post edited by CCEdit_Suraj on
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Waitlisted Transfers - Fall of 2020

• TeenyTidyHomeTeenyTidyHome 6 replies0 threads New Member
    Local nontraditional student waitlisted for Sociology.
    GPA: 3.8
    Golden 4: A's
    · Reply · Share
  • Falco322Falco322 8 replies1 threads New Member
    Waitlisted for Statistics.
    GPA: 3.70
    Golden 4: A, B, A, B
    · Reply · Share
  • Mat1hewMat1hew 8 replies0 threads New Member
    Waitlisted For Civil Engineering
    GPA: 3.47
    Please update me if anyone of you guys get off of the waitlist.
    · Reply · Share
  • petewatsonpetewatson 1 replies0 threads New Member
    I’m waitlisted too
    mechanical engineering SAT 1390 gpa 4.32
    Have you heard of anyone that’s gotten off the waitlist?
    · Reply · Share
  • hoshizorahoshizora 362 replies8 threads Member
    edited March 25
    petewatson wrote: »
    I’m waitlisted too
    mechanical engineering SAT 1390 gpa 4.32
    Have you heard of anyone that’s gotten off the waitlist?

Wrong thread this is for transfers

But for reference, waitlist decisions usually don't come out until after the May 1st deadline after most people decide where to go
    edited March 25
    · Reply · Share
  • CHRISA4CHRISA4 5 replies0 threads New Member
    Hi @Mat1hew Im considering on applying to SLO an Pomona next year for civil engineering as well and just wanted to know if you ended up getting accepted or not. I hope this isn't to personal and are able to help me. Thank you!!
    · Reply · Share
  • AradtkeyAradtkey 1 replies0 threads New Member
    Waitlisted for Civil Engineering (got the email March 17th, still haven't heard anything)
    GPA 3.89
    Golden Four: A, A, A, A
    From Bay Area, CA
    · Reply · Share
  • ivyvtkdivyvtkd 10 replies0 threads New Member
    Waitlisted for Psychology.
    3.6 gpa
    2 Associates degrees
    Cuesta college.
    🤞
    · Reply · Share
  • ivyvtkdivyvtkd 10 replies0 threads New Member
    Did anyone else submit an appeal letter and if so did you mail it in or email it? Their website stated before covid 19 to mail it in and now it says to email it. Getting a little concerned no one ever received it. Thanks for any replies!
    · Reply · Share
  • llamaqueen19llamaqueen19 3 replies0 threads New Member
    When were we supposed to hear back from Cal Poly if we were accepted? Did they send an email out saying things would be delayed due to Covid?
    · Reply · Share
  • CalifGalCalifGal 11 replies3 threads New Member
    I think I saw an email that said waitlisted transfers should know by June 15. I'm hoping it happens sooner then that. I have noticed on past years waitlist threads that you do get a rejection in your portal at some point, if not accepted.
    · Reply · Share
    Son is:
    Waitlisted for Business Administration
    GPA 3.82
    AS-T
    Golden Four: A, A, A, A
    From Bay Area, CA
    · Reply · Share
  • Mat1hewMat1hew 8 replies0 threads New Member
    Any transfers who were waitlisted at Cal Poly hear anything I imagine if they are letting a lot of people off of the waitlist this year that it should be soon since yesterday was the day to commit? I think it is really hit or miss though with how many people they let off of the waitlist.
    · Reply · Share
  • Slohopeful50Slohopeful50 5 replies0 threads New Member
    Wait-listed for CS
    GPA: ~3.5
    · Reply · Share
    Some freshman are receiving notification of admission from waitlist today... any transfers get accepted off the waitlist lately??
    · Reply · Share
  • meezy27meezy27 6 replies1 threads New Member
    you're forsure getting in over me I'm from the bay area too all A's golden 4s but i have a 3.63 for business admin lol
    · Reply · Share
    you're forsure getting in over me I'm from the bay area too all A's golden 4s but i have a 3.63 for business admin lol
    · Reply · Share
    I'm still waiting waitlisted for business admin 3.63 bay area transfer student All A's golden 4s and all pre reqs
    · Reply · Share
  • vr4cpslo2020vr4cpslo2020 7 replies0 threads New Member
    I have yet to see any transfers get in. I've been checking several sites and nothing 😭
    · Reply · Share
  • Slohopeful50Slohopeful50 5 replies0 threads New Member
    I have yet to see any transfers get in. I've been checking several sites and nothing 😭

I've asked numerous people who were accepted off the transfer wait-list in the past when they were accepted. Almost all of them told me they received their acceptance notification on the very last day.
    · Reply · Share