right arrow
GUEST STUDENT OF THE WEEK: ak2018 is a rising junior at Virginia Tech having transferred from George Mason University. He'll answer any question, including about his studies abroad or his research at NASA. ASK HIM ANYTHING!
Make sure to check out our July Checklists for HS Juniors and HS Seniors. Consult these quick resources to get you started on the process this month.
As we work to adjust to the current reality, make sure to check out these dedicated COVID-19 resources: our directory of virtual campus tours, our directory of extended deadlines, as well as the list of schools going test optional this fall.

Out of state applicant?

carolinebarrettcarolinebarrett 0 replies4 threads New Member
I see that 85% are from CA. My stats match up, but will being from out of state negatively affect my chances of admission? Does Cal Poly have a set percentage for CA students in each freshman class?
1 replies
· Reply · Share

Replies to: Out of state applicant?

• GumbymomGumbymom Forum Champion UC 30546 replies422 threads Forum Champion
    None of the Cal states have admission caps for OOS or International students, but priority goes to local in-state CA applicants.

OOS applicants are evaluated in separate admission pool, so there is less competition which can translate into a higher chance for an acceptance.
    · Reply · Share