Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

(SOAR) Orientation In July QUESTION

13»

Replies to: (SOAR) Orientation In July QUESTION

• WhatsupWhatsup Registered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
    Hey Flip, good luck at your orientation and your math test. I called the MAPE department just to see where it was held and she said that it's near the entrance near a bunch of tables and people in blue shirts (???????). She also told me the last 15 problems were trig and the rest is precal (isn't precal trig? Or did she mean algebra stuff).

Anywho, I leave in a few days and I can't wait to get this orientation behind me, tell me how your test goes and good luck!
  • danielkwan88danielkwan88 Registered User Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm going on the 17th (which is btw is tommorrow), does anyone know where to sign in for SOAR?

PS: btw is there anything i need to bring becides my sats, act, ap, ept/emt scores? Please list everything that is not scores on your post.
  • flip259flip259 Registered User Posts: 40 Junior Member
    you'll probably see a booth or something like that. you'll need college transcripts if you took a class in a community college.
    lol...do we bring calculators?
    No calculators.

Im not bringing my transcript. I already sent them mine 2 months ago and my school is closed now so I'm unable to get one anyway.

Since the advising won't be one-on-one probably then it won't make much of a difference. I know my grades.
  • jjsoa1jjsoa1 Registered User Posts: 126 Junior Member
    SOAR was more useful then I thought, but it really wasn't worth how much I paid.
    Hey jjsoa1, or anybody else who's gone to SOAR already--

How do we check in? I assume we can't just walk in there since we had to pay for the orientation, and we don't have tickets. Is there a checklist?
    you check in where the el corral bookstore is. yay i passed the mape test..it was pretty easy, but i could've gotten a better score. it's kinda hard to remember stuff from last year..i need to work on that. lol the trigonometry was kinda hard, you had to memorize some of the formulas.
    they grade the test that soon?

F--k...formulas...now I'll have to memorize my trig identities........I'll be the happiest person alive Friday if I pass.

1 hour for the time, right?
13»
This discussion has been closed.