Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Is WOW Week really all about the drinking?

WhatsupWhatsup Registered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
edited September 2007 in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
I have a health issue where I'm unable to consume alcohol, and I fear being left out in the cold.
Post edited by Whatsup on

Replies to: Is WOW Week really all about the drinking?

• biyatchpleaseiibiyatchpleaseii Registered User Posts: 142 Junior Member
    don't worry about it... you can just have fun without it.
    (i can't believe i said that)

official WoW is just activities around town and what not.. nothing to do with partying, but if you do want to have a bit more at night, i'm sure you can find something without having to try too hard.
  • artographyxartographyx Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    i'm sure there's going to be a good amount of people who won't touch a drop :). if you're on facebook, you can check out the class of 2011 group, there's a pretty popular topic called "non-drinkers." don't worry, you won't be left out. there are plenty of ways to socialize that don't involve drinking.
  • WhatsupWhatsup Registered User Posts: 104 Junior Member
    Alright thanks artographym I'll have to check that group out.

And biyatchpleaseii, trust me I used to drink (never to the point of passing out) and I'd have a fun time, it seems every social event/party I go to involves drinking these days, but I'll take your word for it even though you don't sound very enthusiastic about not drinking ;) Ha ha..

Thanks a lot you guys. :)
  • ktsaidwhatktsaidwhat Registered User Posts: 29 New Member
    you'll be fine... during my wow week there were parties everywhere but you honestly dont need to drink if you dont feel comfortable, people don't really pressure you about it. it's still a hell of a lot of fun, since everyone will be new and wanting to make a friend.
  • askmeaboutmyassaskmeaboutmyass Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Don't worry about it at all man. Your WoW leaders can't even take you anywhere there will be alcohol or assist you in obtaining alcohol in any way. If they do they will be booted out of school no questions asked... and I don't think any of them want to take that risk. You might be asked by your new friends to go to some parties (and it would be fun if you did), but even then you don't need to drink. Do whats comfortable to you though, and you will find others who are comfortable with the same things.
  • askmeaboutmyassaskmeaboutmyass Registered User Posts: 12 New Member
    Oh, and sorry if you're not a guy.
  • biyatchpleaseiibiyatchpleaseii Registered User Posts: 142 Junior Member
    whatsup... let's just say that i'm quite enthusiastic when it comes to issues that interest me, and this just happens to be one of them. lol!

anyway, you obviously have the choice to do what you like and college is conducive to that. no worries
This discussion has been closed.