Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

grades after being accepted

vbgirl4vbgirl4 Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
edited January 2008 in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
I was accepted to cal poly through early decision. right now i am taking a calculus class which is really hard because the teacher sucks, so i have a high c in the class. i know there is no way i could bring my grade up to a B but I am pretty confident about the final. I don't think i will drop that much do to the final, but if i ended up coming out with a C- after the final, does cal poly still consider that a C? (on the acceptance letter it said i had to complete all classes with a C or better).
Post edited by vbgirl4 on

Replies to: grades after being accepted

• historymomhistorymom Registered User Posts: 3,467 Senior Member
    As a teacher, can I advise you to talk to your Calc teacher to let her/him know what you have riding on this? Do it now, not during finals week. Maybe get some extra help/tutoring before the final...I know, the teacher sucks but most of us want what is best for kids or we wouldn't do this for a living so it is worth a try.

Regardless, I'd call the admmissions office ( you don't have to identify yourself) and ask if a C- is still a C. Good Luck and Congrats!!!!
  • jackht27jackht27 Registered User Posts: 714 Member
    yeah, being assertive in trying to negotiate grades shows a teacher that you care about what you are learning (to an extent ;) ) and usually they will let up a little. same thing works even in college.

its all about making a connection with the teacher...
  • cliffdivecliffdive Registered User Posts: 132 Junior Member
    I'm nearly a positive a C- still constitutes as a C.
This discussion has been closed.