Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Replies to: Dorms?

• soccerchick11soccerchick11 Registered User Posts: 326 Member
    ya they are, but who knows.. maybe some of the new dorm buildings will be open for us in the fall and they'll be bigger.. hopefully :)
  • jackht27jackht27 Registered User Posts: 714 Member
    new dorm buildings? fill me in.

are you talking about poly canyon? or cerro vista?
    from what i was told when i took a tour in november, they're building new dorm buildings so that they'll have enough so all freshmen can be guranteed housing. from what i understood, all of the building won't be complete finished until fall 2009, but they're opening in stages so some of them should be open by fall 2008.
  • saabicia@comcast[email protected] Registered User Posts: 119 Junior Member
    but they're for sophomores. when we're going, they're opening the current sophomore housing, cerro vista, to freshman to alleviate the housing crunch. the stuff that will be completed in 2009 is poly canyon, and they look niiiiiiiice. not finished, but verrrrry nice. :)
    is poly canyon for freshman? or is that the sophomore independent living program thing? i'm assuming tthat those will be for sophomores because theyare allowing freshman into cerro vista.

poly canyon would be nice soph. year though! :)
    poly canyon will be for sophomores. but we will be the second ones to live in them! verrrrrrrrrrrry nice! :)
    oh really?! hmm the tour i had said it was for freshmen, but that's cool! good to know!
    Yep! Here's what the website says:

"Initially, current freshman students (2007/2008) apply through a lottery process for the 2008/2009 Academic year. The Poly Canyon Village apartment complex is programmatically designed for 2nd year student housing geared toward the Sophomore Success Program."

Welcome Poly Canyon Village if you'd like to check it out for more info. :)
  • araestar22araestar22 Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    Here's the definite situation with housing (I e-mailed a rep. recently). The cerro vista apartments will be available to freshman...but honestly who wants to miss out on the excitement of dorm life. Yea they are small, yea you share a bathroom, but you also make incredible bonds with so many people. We have three more years to have our own place. I say go dorms.
    jackht27,

i'm sorry, but i guess i gave you some wrong information about the loft policy at Cal Poly. I was on their website today and found this..

Loft Policy

Due to safety concerns, only furniture provided by Cal Poly University Housing, designed specially for the purpose of lofting, can be lofted. Use of risers, blocks, bricks, etc., are NOT ALLOWED in the residence halls.
    Free-standing storage units taller than 48" are NOT ALLOWED in the residence halls.
    Due to space constraints in residence hall rooms, it is recommended that couches, large stereo speakers, personal furniture, etc., be left at home.
    ah, that's helpful.
    thanks for clarifying. i think that is going to save so much more space...
    i also read that there's about 10 in. space under the bed so i guess you could fit some storage bins under there. i plan on just stacking up plastic storage shelves in the closet or something like that. i think it'll be alright. luckily for me, i've got a boyfriend with a house down there so i can keep my stuff at his place if i run out of room :P
    hahaa yeah for sure.
    hm well the 10 in. thing sounds cool. that's pretty nifty.

and yeah i will probably do the same in my closet thing too.
    I can't wait to go to The Container Store later on!!!!! If you've never heard of it, IT'S AMAZING!!!!

I'm so excited for tomorrow! :)
    What is the container store? I've never heard of it.
This discussion has been closed.