Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Arch Freshman>>

Replies to: Arch Freshman>>

• tenh20tenh20 Registered User Posts: 173 Junior Member
    No, I haven't heard anything. I have a friend who applied to civil eng? I think. Some type of eng. He hasn't heard anything. Still waiting tho. We'll see how it goes. I haven't looked back on you're last posts. Have you heard yet? Do you know if I should be hearing something in the next week, two weeks, month? I really don't want to be the reject at the end like last time...
  • j.irvin020j.irvin020 Registered User Posts: 297 Junior Member
    the way infinity talked, architecture majors are going to be the last ones to hear which he said could be all the way till the last day which is april 1st. I guess you guys have to send in portfolios? i'm not sure if thats true for freshmans. I'm a transfer student so selection for me is a lot different than freshmans. I haven't heard anything, but my friend who is also a CE major heard from them i guess during the first wave of notifications. So i'm getting jumpy because he heard from them and I haven't but i'm slowly calming down and realizing w/e happens happens. What are your stats? not sure if you mentioned them. I'm sure you'll be fine.
    We'll see. My test scores are embarrassing...seriously. Probably the lowest amongst the other arc applicants. I got a 23 on ACT:( but I did get a 27 in math. Decent. I'm kinda relying a lot on my gpa. I have a W4.419 but a CSU gpa of a 4.0. I do know that gpa is not everything. I just wasn't into the tests...all six of them. I'm feeling the same way; whatever happens happens. It'll suck, but life will eventually go on. I'm glad swim started so I can work off a little anxiety...for sure. I sure hope there isn't any portfolio, I wouldn't even know what to do with it. I think that might just be for transfers. Hopefully. I hope you hear something soon. If I have to wait till april, march is gonna be a very long month...
  • EricMGomezEricMGomez User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 65 Junior Member
    My friend just got a letter in the mail today saying he was wait-listed for arch. Does anyone know how the wait-listed process works at cal poly?
    wow! so there sending out architecture decisions out after all. Honestly your the first post to have say that you or someone you know got a decision.
  • infinityWOLFinfinityWOLF Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    One of my friends got accepted today for Architecture. She has the same stuff as me with a lower GPA (3.6), less physics, but more ECs.

So, now I hope I hear something this week, I'm really happy for her.

Eric, what does your friend's last name start with. My friends last name starts with E, and mine starts with P. So I'm thinking they are going alphabetical, because I turned my app in before she did.
    congratulations to your friend infinity. I hope your next to hear.
    did she get an email too like your other friend? haha, or just checked the portal.
  • EricMGomezEricMGomez User Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 65 Junior Member
    His last name starts with a T...sorry but I don't know his stats. Anyone know how cal poly uses their wait-list?
    Damn, they must not be going by alphabetical, or I just didn't get in this time around. I'm guessing I'll hear on Friday or Monday. I think 7-10 days was right, hope more of us hear.
    Yeah I hope we hear soon too infinity haha. Did your friend get an email as well as ur other friend?
    Infinity- did your friend get accepted to arch as a freshman or a transfer? I thought they did acceptances by when you applied.
    She applied as a transfer. If they did it by when you applied then that definitely means I was passed over this time. This is confusing, because I tutor her in Physics and Calculus. And I've worked with her in Architecture classes, and won competitions that she has not (she finished the Arch program here a year before I did). O well, we'll see.
    Don't take my word for it...thats just one thing I heard. I have heard the alphabetical thing too. Reading what you wrote about all that you've done, it seems you should be in too. Still waiting...:)
    nothing today so far. I don't mind, I'm really proud of my friend though. I just want to see more Architecture transfers. If I got in, it would be cool to design next to people from all around the world. I like seeing different styles. Good luck, brutha.
This discussion has been closed.