Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Important Selection Information

2»

Replies to: Important Selection Information

• j.irvin020j.irvin020 Registered User Posts: 297 Junior Member
    dang are you serious skad? im sorry, now the freaking out is going to take place. Sorry to hear though.
  • infinityWOLFinfinityWOLF Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    Honestly, from your stats, I would say that you were probably denied for the same reason I was--lack of related work experience. It's ridiculous, they think we are applying for a job. Gotta have work experience to go to school?!?!? Get me in so that you can get me my career and succeed in your name!
  • SkadforlifeSkadforlife Registered User Posts: 274 Junior Member
    Yeah, I'm serious. It's not a big deal to me, as it was actually not one of my top choices. It just worries me that I'm going to get rejected from my top choice, UCSC....

That would make sense. I think the biggest reason is that psychology is WAY WAY WAY impacted and the department is already relatively small to begin with.

What major did you apply into infinity?
  • tenh20tenh20 Registered User Posts: 173 Junior Member
    I know of some people at another school by me that got in for having work experience, even tho they had a way lower gpa that me, and most of you. I think SLO needs to rethink how they look at the applicants. Can you tell I'm a little bitter...
2»
This discussion has been closed.