Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Important Selection Information

infinityWOLFinfinityWOLF Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
I just called SLO and the rep told me something interesting. They are trying to finish selections this week and early next week. If you don't hear by then, most likely you did not get in. There is still a chance that you may get waitlisted or rejected and called up later in the summer for late admission.

About selection criteria, the rep told me that there is no way of determining how they are selecting applicants. For example, my one friend got in with a 3.6 GPA with community service and addition ECs. Also, another guy from the Arch. program at my school got in with a 3.8 and no ECs and he's nowhere near finishing the program here. This is getting kind of foolish. I don't understand how they are choosing. For everyone who has got accepted, congratulations! For those that haven't heard anything yet, I feel for you because I am in the same boat.
Post edited by infinityWOLF on

Replies to: Important Selection Information

• j.irvin020j.irvin020 Registered User Posts: 297 Junior Member
    thanks for the information infinity. I'm starting to lose hope, this waiting game stinks haha. But i'm staying in there and being confident.
  • infinityWOLFinfinityWOLF Registered User Posts: 90 Junior Member
    Alright, I just got into SDSU for CE. I'm happy I have an option close to home. I hope I hear from Pomona or SLO, but I'm over the hype. If I get passed up, o well, gonna have to turn my back on Architecture for the time being. Everyone keep your spirits.
    You know you still have until the end of this month to apply to Chico, which has a great CE program as well. Have you already applied there?
    congratulations!!!! hey so did the rep say exactly what day they were going to be done making the decisions? Or is it just a play it by ear early next week kind of assumption? I want to know when the next big wave of acceptances are going to be delivered.
    He said early next week, so I'm assuming before Wednesday.
    alright thanks, again congratulations on getting into SDSU.
  • clickannclickann Registered User Posts: 112 Junior Member
    Do you know if this "selection information method" is for transfers only or freshman too?
    hmmm, didn't ask. I said I was a transfer, It's probably both because freshmen were getting accepted months before transfers.
    Does SLO do affirmative action? Both of my friends that got in are hispanic, which is the first question in the little "ethnicity" portion of the app. I wonder if we are pooled by ethnicity. 17% of the school didn't even put down their ethnicity, so I'm guessing no. I'm asian, but I think I should have also put down that I am Native American. Stupid me, my tribe is not recognized, but it would be cool if I could have added to the demographic. SLO only graduated one Native American Architecture major last year.
  • kirbysanmomkirbysanmom Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
    infinity, you can still re-identify yourself on your myPoly page...
    It's no big deal, I'm just grasping at straws to why some of us haven't heard anything. Also, it won't let me change it, it says that I am not authorized to do so.
  • kirbysanmomkirbysanmom Registered User Posts: 84 Junior Member
    That is soo funny! It says that they WANT you to, and then they won't let you... Maybe it messes with their admissions numbers? Here is hoping they save the best for last...
  • clickannclickann Registered User Posts: 112 Junior Member
    I like your way of thinking!
  • gotpetergotpeter Registered User Posts: 407 Member
    Might be worth pinging tech support. What's to lose?
  • SkadforlifeSkadforlife Registered User Posts: 274 Junior Member
    Denied. I just found out today.
    Psychology

GPA : 4.1 weighted
    SAT : 1910 (cr:700 math:610 writing:600)
    3 years varsity tennis
    4 years GSA
    2 years high school orchestra
    1 year UCR college level orchestra
    Many AP and honors classes...
This discussion has been closed.