Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Just a few questions: Internationals, Architecture, and Financial Aid

ChiZealanderChiZealander Registered User Posts: 24 New Member
edited February 2009 in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
Apparently, according to this thread:http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/cal-poly-san-luis-obispo/599965-how-many-international-students-calpoly.html?highlight=international, there are only 0.1% of the student body are internationals. I can't seem to find the info on the site so could someone verify if that sounds about right?

Lets just say that that stat is around about right...
Is it because Cal Poly SLO doesn't accept many internationals? Or do less internationals apply compared to other colleges?

Also, how is the finanical aid? Especially for internationals? Is a large portion of the aid loans?

I've heard/read some good things about the architecture program at SLO. Is it very competitive to get into? I know architecture itself is generally a competitive major to gain admission into but does anyone know the acceptance rate to the architecture school?

That's all...for now. xD I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out here. ^^
Post edited by ChiZealander on

Replies to: Just a few questions: Internationals, Architecture, and Financial Aid

• KoreanBoi92KoreanBoi92 Registered User Posts: 1,248 Member
    As it is a California state school, the financial aid is not much. I'm not sure why there aren't so many internationals. But it has one of the best architecture programs.
This discussion has been closed.