Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
scgoalgirlscgoalgirl Registered User Posts: 32 Junior Member
edited July 2009 in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
Does anybody know what is going on with SOAR signups. They were originally supposed to be available May 15, then the website said late May. It is now June and there haven't been any updates on the website.
Post edited by scgoalgirl on

Replies to: Soar

• crunch_timecrunch_time Registered User Posts: 81 Junior Member
    I've been wondering the same thing. I hope it's not going to be a victim of the budget cuts...
  • BestIndaWestBestIndaWest Registered User Posts: 93 Junior Member
    Yeah whats the deal. I just looked up classes on the cal poly portal, and pretty much every freshman class is already filled up.. Such as COMS 101, ENGL 134, and POLS 112. I was hoping to do my GE courses first.. Kind of aggravating to be honest.
  • Rosie51391Rosie51391 Registered User Posts: 243 Junior Member
    yea what's up with that. I thought we didn't have to bother with anything about our schedules until SOAR...
  • slodadslodad Registered User Posts: 185 Junior Member
    It looks like they are updating things now on the portal. From the Orientation tab it looks like incoming freshman are pre-enrolled with at least 12 credits. This could be why you are finding a lot of freshman classes full. At SOAR you would learn how to ad additional courses to your schedule. But I would call admissions to confirm that.
  • Rosie51391Rosie51391 Registered User Posts: 243 Junior Member
    Thanks slodad, I'm going to stop worrying so much. :)
  • slodadslodad Registered User Posts: 185 Junior Member
    Rosie51391, I would call your college adviser to verify the information I got from the business college. Here are the numbers:

Cal Poly San Luis Obispo ~ Academic Advising Council
  • S.P.S.P. Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    As of today SOAR registration is full and closed.
    If you missed registration I'd contact your department of your major and ask them what they can do to help you register your classes.
This discussion has been closed.