Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Rejected for ME

Replies to: Rejected for ME

• SockherMomSockherMom Registered User Posts: 621 Member
    just checked the website..ditto..my son rejected for Chemistry
  • andyhb85andyhb85 Registered User Posts: 169 Junior Member
    Got rejected today for Electrical Engineering. (3.5 GPA transfer student)
  • blablaboi1blablaboi1 Registered User Posts: 285 Junior Member
    This is ridiculous. I wonder if anyone who applied for ME got in.
  • PVHSPVHS Registered User Posts: 15 New Member
    Some consolation... the school makes it way too hard to get into some majors and way too easy for others. I don't think this helps the school. My sister goes there. Its a nice enough school, but not half as nice as ANY UC I have seen. Campus is run down and SLO , except for the downtown area is shabby. Go to a UC, all the students had to meet the same standards and they have way more to offer.
  • naixn92naixn92 Registered User Posts: 522 Member
    ^ PVHS, I actually agree with you, even if cal poly was my first choice.
    do you guys think we can appeal?
  • ipopovaipopova Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    blabla, I got in for mechanical. However, I'm an immigrant girl now living in Iowa, so they probably just wanted to kill three birds with one stone.
  • exclusiveladyxexclusiveladyx Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    Sadface, biological sciences.
  • greenlashgreenlash Registered User Posts: 79 Junior Member
    Rejected for nutrition with a 3.8 and 27 act.
    One of the worst days I've ever had.
    Atleast it's not my number one choice...
    So now I'm COMPLETELY hoping for UCSB.
    Ohhhh myyyy goddddd
    @ipopova

What were your stats? GPA? SAT (math + reading)? ACT? ECs?
  • dalmerdalmer Registered User Posts: 5 New Member
    i got rejected today for transfer psychology. i am a senior at san diego state and i transfered here from cuesta. i have a 3.52 cumulative gpa and a 3.77 gpa at san diego state. i am a premed student so ive been taking the hardest classes possible and have a 3.79 science gpa. my premed counselor told me i should for sure get into uc davis and usc medical school after i complete my degree. i volunteer in an emergency room, i do research in a biochem lab and i teach an organic chemistry review class with over 200 students. ive taken 26 units in my major and i have a 4.0 for psychology.

i called today and talked to an admissions officer. she said for psychology transfer 539 students applied for 11 spaces and the average accepted gpa was 3.7. i cant believe that i am competitive to get into medical school, but i didnt get in to cal poly for psychology.

i didnt intend on transferring out of sdsu. im from slo, and my mother is losing her vision and living alone. i was planning on moving home and helping her. i am going to be writing a letter of hardship. if anyone has any experience or advice on this it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
  • ipopovaipopova Registered User Posts: 82 Junior Member
    blablaboi,

My stats were
    gpa: 3.883 unweighted, SAT 1330, ACT 35, but I think I only got to send in my 32 since the newer one wasn't ready yet. ECs: ballroom dance, irish dance, clarinet, private French lessons, key club, national honor society
  • kooshjkooshj Registered User Posts: 2 New Member
    Waitlist for Business Admin. unweighted gpa 3.5ish, SAT 2010. Does anyone know the numbers and % chance for waitlist?
  • einnobeinnob Registered User Posts: 956 Member
    ^I called admissions the day before and they said it all depends on how many people accept at Cal Poly for your major. They also said that there is no ranking on the waitlist, Im not sure how that works, but I guess its to our advantage, since everyone is on the same level. Or maybe I misunderstood..X]
  • naixn92naixn92 Registered User Posts: 522 Member
    ^ dalmer, im sorry for you. i hope your letter will be considered because they usually don't take appeals. good luck, you really deserve it, to go to cal poly.
    so each major has different acceptance rates...?
This discussion has been closed.