Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.

Cal Poly meal plan options

2»

Replies to: Cal Poly meal plan options

• SennenSennen Registered User Posts: 16 New Member
    hmm so can you use the dining credits at chick fil a lol? or would you have to use plus dollars for that?
  • ParentalUnit58ParentalUnit58 Registered User Posts: 97 Junior Member
    Anyone know if you can buy just the Plus dollars as a freshman? (long story)
  • momofmvmomofmv Registered User Posts: 595 Member
    I think chik fil a is not a place that takes the dining credits. It seems that there should be more places that take those darn things! My son liked chik fil a the time we ate there too!

I don't believe you can buy just the Plus dollars as a freshmen, but you can certainly get the plan with the most Plus dollars. Call campus Dining and ask. Maybe you can have a special Dining Plan if the reason is a health related one.
  • vballmomvballmom Registered User Posts: 3,135 Senior Member
    Vballmom^ Did you have your son have the more expensive food plan (Freedom Plan) because the normal food plan for the Cerro apartments is less food right?

I think that was the same price as all the other plans, it just had fewer meals and more Plus dollars. Freshmen in Cerro had to pick a plan, but upperclassmen in Cerro and Poly Canyon can opt out of the plans and just buy Dining dollars.
  • momofmvmomofmv Registered User Posts: 595 Member
    Thanks vballmom. My son will be getting the Cerro plan and doing some shopping for food as well. The Freedom Plan has 8 dining credits, just like the apart. plan, but it has more Plus Dollars. That is what makes the Freedom Plan more $ than the apartment plan. They can always sign on for more Plus Dollars or just pay for food if the apart. meal plan isn't enough.
  • SanDiego2010SanDiego2010 Registered User Posts: 52 Junior Member
    Interesting...dining says change in cash equivalent dining credit amounts (less this yr vs. last yr, dinner 10.75 vs. 12.75 last yr) is due to lower dining hall prices.
2»
This discussion has been closed.