Welcome to College Confidential!

The leading college-bound community on the web

Join for FREE, and start talking with other members, weighing in on community discussions, and more.

Also, by registering and logging in you'll see fewer ads and pesky welcome messages (like this one!)

As a CC member, you can:

• Reply to threads, and start your own.
  • Post reviews of your campus visits.
  • Find hundreds of pages of informative articles.
  • Search from over 3 million scholarships.
Please take a moment to read our updated TOS, Privacy Policy, and Forum Rules.

Cal Poly rescinded please help!

koonradkoonrad Registered User Posts: 6 New Member
edited July 2010 in Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
So i got into the college of agriculture bio resource engineering. This last semester i got two ds one of them being a mistake by my teacher who cant change the grade until late September. I looked at my portal and it said i am now denied. I got a 4 4 3 and a 2 on my aps and i am trying out for the varsity soccer team. What should i do to try and get back in or is it hopeless. Please help
Thanks
Post edited by koonrad on

Replies to: Cal Poly rescinded please help!

• juilletjuillet Super Moderator Posts: 11,568 Super Moderator
    Call the school and ask. We can't help you, but you need to call the admissions office and ask if there's anything you can do. Be sure to relay that one of the Ds was a grading error and that you can provide a letter from your teacher and school guidance counselor saying so.

Also, you need to investigate alternative options just in case.
  • artloversplusartloversplus Registered User Posts: 7,920 Senior Member
    some times one D and one C are still the grounds of rescind. That D mistake you have could not be an A right?

I say go to a CC and work yourself out, if you get good grades, you may try UCLA two years later, its lot better than C Poly.
  • hbparentshbparents Registered User Posts: 49 Junior Member
    UCLA a lot better than Cal Poly?? For Agriculture??? Please.....
  • mandilovemandilove Registered User Posts: 80 Junior Member
    yeah, why did you have to bring up any school, and kind-of attack cal poly?
    i don't know, it just rubbed me the wrong way.
  • jermaphobejermaphobe Registered User Posts: 69 Junior Member
    um.. not to be rude, but isn't one D enough to get you rescinded..? correct me if im wrong, but aren't grades much more important than AP scores?..

i would call them and try to explain your situation.. but be sure you know how to explain why you got the other D that your teacher didn't mess up..

GOOD LUCK
  • 3down3down Registered User Posts: 151 Junior Member
    If you passed the AP test for the class you got the D in sometimes they will accept that too. Make an appt. to talk to someone that has decision making capabilities. You don't have much time. Also talk to the soccer coach. They know what to do too.
This discussion has been closed.